GoPro released a new feature called QuikStories, which promises to allow you to spend less time creating your story, and more time living it. It was just announced today, so I haven’t tried it out yet, but I’m excited to see what QuikStories has to offer!GoPro’s Capture App, which was at one time called the GoPro app, is now, once again, called the GoPro app. If you go to the App Store, you’ll see it has been updated to the new name and gives a few details about the QuikStories function.
GoPro’s Capture App, which was at one time called the GoPro app (wasn’t it?), is now, once again, called the GoPro app. If you go to your App Store, you’ll see it has been updated to the new name and gives a few details about the QuikStories function.
You might have also received an email from GoPro letting you know that there is an important update for your Hero5 Black or Hero5 Session. Here’s what mine said:
“Tell your story in one tap with QuikStories,” is the premise of GoPro’s new feature within its mobile app. In GoPro’s release video, QuikStories works with your Hero5 Black or Hero5 Session, and your phone with the GoPro app (formerly Capture app) and Quik app (both apps are free). Here’s GoPro how it works, as explained by GoPro:
- Follow the steps to connect your GoPro camera to the GoPro app
- Update your GoPro’s software if the app prompts you to do so (QuikStories will require the latest update so don’t skip it)
- When you’re finished shooting your awesome adventures with your GoPro, pull down from the home screen of the GoPro app, and your footage will copy over to your phone
- Kick back as your footage is transformed into a QuikStory, then wait for it…
- Your phone will alert you when your QuikStory is finished, and you can view and upload it as is, or edit it with custom titles, change the music, change the style, and adjust the length
- Your saved QuikStory will be on the home screen of the Quik app
It’s not clear if QuikStories works with older model GoPros, but their messaging says to update your Hero5 Black and Hero5 Session, so it sounds like QuikStories works with newer models only. I’m going to update my GoPro and Quik app now, as well as my cameras, and play with this new function!
When you get your cameras and apps updated and give it a try, let me know what you think of it!
Here’s GoPro’s release video: