There is no such thing as a perfect niche… but what if there was? How would you know that you found it? I have some actionable tips to help you identify the perfect niche.
Listen to Episode 58: How to Identify the Perfect Niche
One of the big mistakes that we see a lot in the world of content marketing, content creation, starting a YouTube channel, starting a blog, really anything online, is the mistake of not niching down. This could also include not niching down enough, trying to do it all, trying to cover all of the possible topics that you’re interested in, or covering everything that you know.
And the biggest mistake of all is not moving forward, not taking action because you haven’t found the perfect niche.
If you don’t niche down, then your ideal viewers won’t know that they are your ideal viewers, and they won’t keep coming back for more content. So how DO you know if you’ve found the perfect niche? And how do you even go about finding it to begin with?
In this episode of Your Thriving Side Hustle, I will share some actionable tips to identify your perfect niche, to help you grow your audience and income online.
Check out some episode highlights:
- [3:28] You can’t possibly cover all topics at once. If a viewer comes to you for one video and they liked it, now is the time to capture them with your next video, and your next video, and so on, instead of bouncing around all over the place.
- [4:23] There really is no such thing as the perfect niche. I don’t think you should treat looking for a niche like you would treat looking for a soulmate, as if there’s only one perfect thing out there for you. However there are definitely really great niches for you to latch onto right now that are perfect for you right now. So how do you go about doing that?
- [7:10] My first suggestion: Make a list of a hundred video topic ideas without getting bored, and without running out of ideas.
- [9:34] After making your list, you need to figure out if people are actually watching videos on these topics? Are people actually consuming that content?
- [12:00] Are the topics you have chosen going to lead to profitability? Is this going to make money for you? Or is it just going to be a passion project that you put your time and energy and money into?
- [14:00] Ask yourself: Is this the perfect niche for me? I think something you should ask yourself is, are you really going to feel fulfilled? Are you going to feel fulfilled that you helped hundreds of thousands or millions of people in this niche? Or will you regret not going in another direction?
Once you answer these questions for yourself, then you can use this as a way to make sure that you’re on the right path and gaining momentum. Instead of changing your mind and restarting again and again. And if you really want to grow your audience and income using YouTube, then you’re going to need a plan.
Download my Fast Way to 1K YouTube Subscribers Workbook
If you want to connect with me over on Instagram, my handle is meredithmarsh.co. I love to hear from you, so send me a DM. I’d love to hear if you have any other questions, roadblocks, or problems. Or really any topic at all that you think I should cover here on the Your Thriving Side Hustle podcast.