Ever wonder if YouTube is saturated with content and perhaps it’s too late to start a YouTube channel in your niche? This is a very common question but should it stop you from moving forward?
Listen to Episode 56: Is It Too Late to Start a YouTube Channel? Is YouTube Saturated?
Have you ever thought that YouTube is just too saturated for your ideas and your niche? Maybe you’re thinking that you’re late to the party, and there’s no way you could ever compete with what’s already out there on YouTube?
This episode of my Your Thriving Side Hustle podcast is inspired by a Video Pursuit Society member. She shared this statement about her channel and her niche. She felt that perhaps her niche was already too saturated. I thought this would be a really great topic for a podcast episode. Because many of us feel that way about our niche on YouTube.
Check out some episode highlights:
- [2:20] With approximately 30 million channels on YouTube, how can there possibly be space for a brand new channel? Isn’t YouTube saturated and just about every topic already being covered?
- [4:11] If you aren’t sure if you can compete with all the other videos in your niche, ask yourself this. So if there are millions of videos on a particular topic, could that be a sign that there are millions of people interested in watching videos on that topic?
- [5:58] Get to know your “who.” We often hear the advice that we need to “niche down,” or narrow down, your content. The more you can niche down with your YouTube channel when you’re first starting out, the more traction you can get. So you can niche down your topics, but also niche down who your content it is for. This can help you find a specific audience for your content.
- [10:16] I share my experience with niching down my YouTube content (the “what”) and target audience (the “who”).
- [18:05] What if you can’t get your videos created as quickly as other people in your niche? Could you be too late when creating your content? Related: 5 Tips to be Consistent on YouTube (even when you’re busy)
Take Those Baby Steps
Whatever you do, don’t walk away from your ideas and creative endeavors just because you see other people in your niche and you think YouTube might be saturated with content. Because on YouTube and every other platform, it’s an opportunity, not an obstacle.
So if this episode was helpful for you, come over to Instagram and find me at meredithmarsh.co. Let me know that you’re listening. If there’s another topic you want to hear about from me on my Your Thriving Side Hustle podcast, come connect with me. Your idea may be featured on a future episode!